Friday, October 28, 2005









Musical Memories,

Memories often tie to music for me, like a soundtrack of my life. And if I could ever make one, it would be a huge compoloation of songs that people wouldn't expect to see on my list. However here are a few memories that will forever be coupled to music:

Don't look back in anger (Oasis) & Killing me softly (Fugees)- My three month stint in Ireland helping my parents move in the summer of 1996

I've got you under my skin (Frank Sinatra)- Taking up all the floor space at a wedding while dancing with Love, she was a bride's maid, we both were dancing fools

My Father's gun (Elton John)- My flights to and from Denver Colorado this past October

DJ Camillo reggea mix tape- Cleaning office buildings late into the night on a crew of three, good times...always

Right thru you (Allanis Morrisette)-Cruizin' the streets of Beckly, WV

Bullet with butterfly wings (Smashing Pumpkins)- Enjoying "illigal" music in my brothers room in 95'

Right here waiting (Richard Marxx)- being very nervous backstage before going on stage to perform on my guitar with my music school class in front of 600 people in 89' I believe it was

Zij (Marco Borsato)- A trip to Ireland on my own and then on to mainland Europe in 2002

River of Dreams (Billy Joel), Dromen zijn bedrog (Marco Borsato), anything by 2Unlimited & Thunderdome House, Guus Meeuwes, 2Pac, Tokyo Ghetto P, you oughta know(Allanis), Rowen Heze', Simply Red, 2 brothers on the fourth floor, Eros Ramazotti, The Key the secret (Urban Cookie Collective), Mariah Carey(all of Music Box & Daydream), Under the Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers),Hootie & the Blowfish, Cake boy (Sir Mix Alot), yesterdays (Guns & Roses), U96, to be with you (Mr. Big), Ugly Kid Joe, Pizza (Andre Van Duijn), Smells like Teen Spirit (Nirvana), Hadaway, Mr. Vain (Culture Beat), Laura Pausini, Rhythm is a Dancer (Snap), 2 prinses (Spin Doctors), Ace of Base, Bush,End of the Road (Boyz II Men) etc -High Scool!

Thank you for loving me (David Crowder Band)- A concertI attended with Lisa before we were dating, we danced, sang and prayed that day.

Tiny Dancer (Elton John)- Susanna!

Barbapappa theme song- My Brothers, I miss them...

African rain (Enya)- Writting a still unfinished "Short" story/ also a sleep aid in college dorm.

Louie Prima (Banan Split for my Baby)- Swing dancing on wednesday nights with the 3 musketeers.

Hard Day's Night (The Beatles)- Watching Hard Day's Night with Joel

The Luckiest (Ben Folds)- 3rd row with Lisa, reaching distance from the Baldwin he was playing.

Brick (Ben Folds Five)- College 1997 1st time I heard them/him

No Alarms, no surprises (Radiohead)- Debating my brother which OK Computer song was the best.

Too many more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home