Tuesday, October 18, 2005


The Human Side

"I'd like to know where the riverboat sails tonight..." this song (My Father's Gun/Elton John) has been stuck in my head since I saw Elizabethtown on Friday. Crowe has such a good way of putting real human moments/elements in his movies that seem to have identifying value. Also he blends the music well. I thought of all the road trips I've been on, and how music was always a part of them, I recently took a road trip that involved great and intriguing conversation, and just like the movie it was in Kentucky.


There's always something new to discover on a road trip, even if it's the way the cashier at the Exxon hands me the pen to sign on the doted line to pay for my gummy bears and chocolate milk. The way she looks in the quiet of the woods. The feeling you get when you're driving distance away from your home but you're in a different world...escape. Southern cooking (butter pie?) History revisited or created for the 1st time. Getting to know someone better in a way that could have only happened here on this trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home