Thursday, July 09, 2009


Airport Music

I flew on 8 flights in the past month or so. Walking through busy airports, getting on and off planes all require music. There's something about walking in a maze of people listening to music that makes you feel like you're not participating in it all and provides the continuing soundtrack of life.

I walk and watch as a mother struggles to get her kid to sit down in her stroller, I see a family standing in line to get overpriced food, I watch as Tony Dungy & family get on a plane in Tampa, I watch as my wife tries to finish a 32 oz. smoothie, I observe 70% of the people I see on their cell phones, I flip through a commemorative issue of People magazine, I search for seat 11c all while music accompanies the scenery.

My "flight plan" mix:

All along The Watchtower (Alternate)-Jimmy Hendrix
Fidelity-Regina Spektor
Talk (thin white duke mix)-Coldplay
Landed-Ben Folds
Forever Blue-Little River Band
Big Love-Fleetwood Mac
Baba O'Riley-The Who
God Only Knows-The Beach Boys
Welcome to The Jungle-Guns n' Roses
Virtual Insanity-Jamiroquai
Radio Nowhere-Bruce Springsteen
Magic-Ben Folds
The Payback-James Brown
Begin-Brendan James
Life in Technicolor II-Coldplay

Jimmy Hendrix and James Brown were best for walking through the crowd/deplaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home