Saturday, January 10, 2009



A Grief Observed

Life keeps moving along as it always has and then one faithful afternoon in December it stopped with the news that my youngest brothers' wife suddenly died of carbon-monoxide poisoning. What followed was a whirlwind of intense sorrow, grief and emotion. 

I feel like writing all about it and then at the same time I don't. 

Helping a sibling grieve the death of their spouse is an experience that quickly gets to the core of who you are. I always felt that it was so cliche' to say that life is fragile and that we should thank God for everyday we have, and I think that when we lose a 22 year old mother and wife it's easy to say those things. But what do you actually do with that information? Does it impact us from day to day? Who has the time to live each day as if it is our last? We continue with our plans and schedules as we always do, and why not right? But this experience makes one question weather more thought should be given to how short we have here and then think about how it affects ones actions.

I want to write about the whole experience, all the characters involved and their perspectives, but that requires more from me than I'm willing to exert at this moment.

We miss you Kelly 

It's been a rough Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home