Monday, June 20, 2005

Everybody knows they're guilty

What interests me is the fact that we all do things that we don't admit, I'm not talking about secret things, but things people do everyday, only few are brave enough to admit it. It is those few who then get respected from the ones that don't. A funny cycle of habits forms where no one admits to being human, we're all aliens who are perfect and without fault. Also I had a dream last night about going to acting class with my girlfriend followed by five tornados...Weird right?

Actually, there's only one instant, and it's right now, and it's eternity. And, it's an instant in which God is posing a question, and that question is basically, "Do you wanna be one with eternity, do you want to be in heaven?" And, we're all saying, "Nooo thank you, not just yet." And so time, is actually just this constant saying "No" to God's invitation. I mean, that's what time is. It's no more 50 A.D. than it's 2001. There's just this one instant, and that's what we're always in. And then she tells me that actually, this is the narrative of everyone's life. Behind the phenomenal difference there is but one story, and that's the story of moving from the "No" to the "Yes." All of life is like, "No thank you, No thank you, No thank you." And then, ultimately, it's, "Yes I give in, Yes I accept, Yes I embrace." I mean, that's the journey. Everyone gets to the "Yes" in the end, right? -from Waking Life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home